Services we provide
Dimension Stone Testing - Evaluation & Analysis
Testing And Evaluation Of Dimension Stone
Make the most of your dimension stone resource. Stone Initiatives is the only NATA accredited laboratory in Australia that is dedicated to the testing and evaluation of dimension stone. Comprehensive testing and evaluation of all dimension stones provides data to determne the suitability of the stone for proposed uses. Test programmes can be compiled from a wide range of tests conforming to ASTM, European and Australian standard procedures.
- Water Absorption - ASTM C97M-09
- Bulk Specific Gravity - ASTM C97M-09
- Compressive Strength - C170M-09
- Flexural Strength - ASTM C880M-09
- Modulus of Rupture - ASTM C99M-09
- Resistance to Salt Attack - AS/NZS 4456.10-2003
- Resistance to Acid Attack
- Freeze – Thaw Resistance - ISO 10545-12:1995
- Abrasion Resistance - ASTM C1353-09
- Dimensional Stability
- Coefficient of Thermal Expansion
Quality Control Programs
Quality assurance testing by statistical sampling can be carried out to assist in the continuous production of a quality product at the quarry and factory level.
Stone Initiatives is committed to providing a testing and consulting service that is an asset for the dimension stone industry from “the ground up”.
Stone Initiatives provides a NATA accredited one-stop testing and consulting service – from the development of the dimension stone resource to the utilisation of the stone at the project level and beyond.